Monday, March 24, 2014

I Need To Rant

I need to rant. Lately I've noticed two things that annoy the shit out of me. One is I hate it when people can’t keep a conversation. The second thing I hate is when people don’t make you feel included.

I mean how hard is it for you to not respond with a one word answer? I ask you a question, you ask me a question, it’s not that hard. You can ask me the most stupidest, wildest question and I wouldn't mind as long as there is no awkward silence. Stay away from one worded answers because they completely diminish any chance of a further conversation. I understand that some people are shy and timid, but come on its not that hard. Granted there are a couple situations where two people have absolutely nothing in common, but that’s rare. Movies, music, tv shows, books, just pick something and start talking.

I’m pretty sure at some point you have been the new person in the group. A couple weeks ago I had to go to my cousins birthday party. Now you would think that’s not a big deal because my other family members are there to keep me company right? Wrong. My older cousin and his wife are in California celebrating a birthday. My other older cousin lives in New Jersey.  My younger cousin also my partner in crime was in Saint Louis at college. So basically I was alone aside from my cousin the birthday boy. I begged my younger brother and my 16 year old cousin to come along with me and thank god I did. When we get to the party we’re introduced to the people that are already there. Life long friends. After a simply hi they went back to their own conversation. I’m standing there in the kitchen with my brother and younger cousin like what are we suppose to do now. It’s rude. The rest of the night the three of us spent on our own. I mean how big of an ass do you have to be to make people feel felt out and uncomfortable. Keep in mind that there people aren't teenagers they are in their mid twenties. It’s common courtesy to be nice to people especially people who are out of their comfort zone. I mean is it that hard? Is it going to kill you on the inside?


Sorry guys it’s just really been bothering me lately. It’s not hard to keep a conversation going. It’s definitely not hard to make someone feel included. Ask a question. Be kind. Don’t be rude.

No comments:

Post a Comment