Friday, December 6, 2013

Candy Cane Nails

What is your favorite Christmas sweet? Mine is easily the candy cane. So in this post I'm going to show you how to create candy cane nails. This design is extremely festive for the holiday's, but its also super easy. All you are going to need is a red and white polish along with clear tape and scissors. You are also going to need a base and top coat polish.

The first step is going to be applying a base coat because from my experience red polish stains your nails so this will help protect them. Next you are going to paint your nails red. I used NYC's Madison Avenue and I only needed to do one coat.

The next step is to take some tape and cut it into strips of various width. Now you have to very PATIENT and make sure the red is COMPLETELY DRY. I painted the red nail polish and then went out to dinner with my family so it was able to dry for a couple hours. After you're absolutely positive the red is dry, place the strips on your nails in a diagonal like the picture below.


Once the strips are on securely take the white nail polish and paint over it. I didn't realize this till after, but I was completely out of my better white polish so I had to use my older one which is drying out. One to two coats is all you will need, just make sure the red isn't showing through. Wait about a minute or two and the gently peel off the tape. Take a cotton swab and clean up the mess around the nails. Add a top coat and your are finish. (Due to the fact that my white polish was drying out the tape didn't come off as smoothly as it should have, but they still look amazing)



Stay tuned for more festive nails.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment