Monday, December 30, 2013

It's Okay

         Ever had one of those days where the stress and concerns of life just pile on. You just start to reevaluate all the decisions you've made and you start to feel real low. Well today is one of those days for me. I didn't get a good nights sleep and when I woke up I heard my mom talking on the phone and she said something that made me sad. My day has been downhill from there. Its not necessarily that other bad things happened its more so of me beating myself up on every wrong decision I've made and how its affected the people around me.

        I don't have these days very often because I try to remain positive and make the most of everyday, but sometimes you can't help it. Sometimes you just need to feel sad. Sometimes you need to just cry and let out the emotions that you kept bottled up inside. Times like this I do what I do best and that is pray. I don't pray to a specific god or anything like that I just pray in general. I ask for guidance, strength, and hope that everything turns out okay. Most of the times it does and the problems that I built up in my head turn out to be not so bad.

       I'm sure I'm not the only one out there who feels like this. We live in a world where you have so many responsibilities at such an young age and it only gets worse as you get older. If I've learned anything from my moments of weakness it's that it's OKAY. I was on twitter this afternoon and came across a quote that completely changed my mood.

"It’s OK to cry, it’s OK to be afraid, it’s OK to be weak, its OK to be vulnerable, it’s OK to be human." 

    It's just a couple of words, but the meaning behind the words is significant. It's okay to cry, to be afraid, to be weak, and to be vulnerable because that is what makes us human. Humans have faults we aren't robots we make mistakes. It's what we do with those mistakes that makes us who we are. How can you truly enjoy the good if you've never experienced the bad? It's like when you get a cold and you can't breathe properly, your head hurts, you're coughing and in that moment of weakness you promise yourself that if you beat this sickness you won't take something as simple as breathing through your nose for granted.

     Next time you feel glum or just scared understand that it's okay. Believe that you can overcome it and understand that no matter what there is always hope. Hope for a better tomorrow. One bad day doesn't mean a bad life.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is so true we all have them, heck even i do too. Excelent job sorry if i spelled that wrong

    ReplyDelete