Thursday, December 5, 2013

Garland Nails

It's that time of the year again where the tree lights up your whole house and the snow is covering the ground outside. My favorite thing about the holidays is being able to decorate my nails all Christmasy. The design I decided to go with for the first week of December is festive garland or it also looks like Christmas lights.

The first step is to start with a base coat this helps protect your nails from the polish.Then you want to paint your nails white. I had to do two coats because one was too streaky. I guess you can use any color you want, but I'm going to give you the color combination that I think looks the best. (Don't worry about the mess because you can clean that up with a cotton swab later)


Wait for your nails to dry completely. I know waiting is the absolute worst, but fight through the urge. The next step is to take gold nail polish make sure it's the stripper and not the regular brush. You are going to make three curved lines, make sure they are connected, like the picture below.


The next step is to decorate the garland. I don't have a dotting tool so I use the next best thing a bobby pin. The decorations are going to be green and red, because well Christmas. Alternating colors in my opinion looks the best but feel free to use whatever colors you like. Open the bobby pin up dip it into the nail polish and begin dotting. The last and final step is a top coat.


Hope you guys like it. I'll post another festive design in a couple of days!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

No comments:

Post a Comment